Friday, February 13, 2015

As Promised


A few days ago, in preparation for our FET, I decided to make up a few freezer crockpot meals to ensure that we were still eating healthy even if I wasn't feeling the best.  I had tons of inquires on the recipes I used, so I decided to post them here.
I spent about $80.
It took me 90 minutes to put them all together
and have 8 meals ready to go in my freezer.

Beef Stroganoff
1lb Stew Beef - seared and cooked through
1 can beef broth
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1/4c Worcestershire Sauce
1 pack of brown gravy mix
1 tbsp pepper (I put in more before it was served)
1 package of Egg Noodles

Add 16oz sour cream when ready to cook in crock pot.
Cook in crockpot for 6-8 hours.
You can either put egg noodles in crockpot 3 hours before serving or cook seperate and put mixture on top of noodles.


Teriyaki Chicken
1 medium bag of baby carrots
1 medium red onion - chunked
2 large cans of Pineapple Chunks
4 garlic cloves
4 Chicken Breasts
1c Teriyaki Sauce

This recipe is to be divided in half and placed into TWO separate freezer bags.
Add 1/4 c sauce in the crockpot.
Cook for 6-8 hours.
Serve with rice.



Sausage & Peppers
6 Italian Sausages (pork or ground turkey) - preboil for 5-7 minutes
2 green peppers
2 red peppers
1 large red onion
4 garlic cloves - minced
2 cans of Italian diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning

Chunk up sausage and all peppers/onions
This recipe is to be divided in half and placed into TWO separate freezer bags.
Add a drizzle of olive oil when ready to cook.
Cook for 6-8 hours
Serve with noodles or with fresh french bread and mozzarella cheese.



Beef Tips & Gravy
1 1/2 lbs cubed beef
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
14oz beef broth
salt & pepper

Cook for 6-8 hours
Serve over mashed potatoes



Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
4 chicken breasts (cubed)
2 16oz bags of frozen broccoli
1 medium onion
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
2 16oz jars of alfredo sauce

This recipe is to be divided in half and placed into TWO separate freezer bags.
Cook for 4-6 hours
Serve with rice.


I plan to serve all these meals with a side salad.

Enjoy!

1 comment: