Wednesday, February 18, 2015

FET #2

Well....here he/she is.....


I cannot tell you what a better experience this transfer was....well, except for one thing.  Which is now hysterically funny.  So, on the morning of the transfer I was to take an anti-anxiety pill about 45 minutes before our transfer.  I set it on my dresser, so that I wouldn't forget to take it along with us.  My dear hubby was also started on some antibiotics for a an upper respiratory infection.
Well...J saw me put the pill bottle on my dresser and thought that it was his new antibiotic...
...and he took it!!!
AHHH!
I didn't realize what he was doing until it was too late.  
Commence major freak out!
After I regained my thoughts, I immediately tried to reach my nurse to explain my husbands bone-head move and see if she would please, please order me another one.
She had quite the good laugh, I on the other hand wasn't to that mind set yet.
She agreed to call me in another one, but said the he shouldn't drive us to our transfer.
Ha!  Fabulous!
Hmmm...everyone we know is at work, so J is just going to have to man-up and drive us.  He pounded a couple caffeine drinks, talked the whole way to Seattle, and we got there with plenty of time to spare.
Now, 6 days later....this whole experience is hilarious to me.  I did do a couple recordings on my phone that morning to look back on if this all turns out for the good.  :)

The actual procedure was a breeze.  Our embryologist was so excited for us because our little one had fully re-expanded after being frozen and looked fabulous!
We opted for using Embryo Glue this time around (more details about what this is below).
The actual transfer was over and done in a blink of an eye.
No pain.  No finicky cervix this time around.
It was all just a dream.

So here's wishing and hoping and praying that our little one sticks with us for the next 8 1/2 months.
My beta blood test is 2/26/15!  :)



More on Embryo Glue:
Info taken from this WEBSITE.

EmbryoGlue is an implantation promoting transfer medium with a unique combination of hyaluronic acid and recombinant albumin.  EmbryoGlue® contains all nutrients and energy sources needed for an optimal embryo development.

It has been reported to increase chances of pregnancy by up to 17%!

There are some really good videos in the link above if you want to learn more about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment