If you are reading this blog, you either found it from a general IVF blog google search or you know me personally and have been linked to this blog. For those that are going through your own fertility struggles, know that you are not alone. Feel free to follow this blog or even contact me privately if you wish. The purpose of this blog is to raise awareness of infertility and also to give me an avenue to write about the ups and downs during our IVF journey. And if you feel so inclined, an encouraging comment on any of the posts will always be well received. :)
{MY STORY}
I am 34 years old and have been married for a little over 5 years to my amazing, sweet husband. We have been trying to have a baby now for 18 months. Shortly after our major move to the Pacific Northwest we decided to start seeing a Fertility Specialist to see what was the hang up. The initial consult made my head spin, but after 2 hours I left my Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) with a plan for the next month. It was going to be a busy month, filled with scheduling various appointments throughout the days of my cycle. Blood work and ultrasounds were easy peasy. But then came the very last test, the dreaded HSG (Hysterosalpingogram). This test is done under a series of xrays taken while contrast is being pushed to see if your fallopian tubes are patent. About 10 seconds in I knew this was our issue because I was experiencing the most excruciating pain I have ever felt at this point in my life. The pain was so bad that my blood pressure dropped and I about passed out. After a few minutes of having a cool wash cloth on my forehead, I was able to function. My doctor went over the xrays and showed me that I did in fact have issues with my fallopian tubes.
A few days later, we had our final consult appointment. The doctor went over ALL the tests with my dear husband and I. She confirmed that conceiving naturally was not likely due to tubal issue stemming from Endometriosis. We had one possible route and one definite route. I could undergo surgery and see if the issues could be resolved (our doctor was not very hopefully with this route at all based on the xrays during my HSG). The other, more certain route in the mix was IVF (in-vitro fertilization). We got all of our questions answered and left the appointment unsure of our next step. Yet it was such a relief to know what the problem was after all these years and know that there was still hope.
The 4th of July weekend was upon us, so J (hubby) & I had many days to discuss what we were thinking and to figure out what our next step would be. In the end we decided that we would save time, money and pain by not doing the surgery and going right to IVF. So there you have it folks. No More Whispers. We are doing IVF and couldn't be more happier, hopeful and excited.


No comments:
Post a Comment