We left our house two hours before retrieval was scheduled this morning.
We were not taking any chances on traffic.
It turned out traffic was a breeze and we arrived 45 minutes before we had to check in.
We were not taking any chances on traffic.
It turned out traffic was a breeze and we arrived 45 minutes before we had to check in.
Nap time in the car it is.
At 7:50am, we walked into the Seattle location of our clinic.
Acting like cool cucumbers, J & I were pretty relaxed and excited for the next step in this cycle.
Acting like cool cucumbers, J & I were pretty relaxed and excited for the next step in this cycle.
Turned out our nurse was an IVF success story and was currently 8 months pregnant, so that was pretty fun. I had my IV started, chatted with the doc and anesthesiologist, signed some consents and it was time.
The last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist telling me some story
and then it was lights out.
Before I knew it I was back in recovery with J holding my hand.
and then it was lights out.
Before I knew it I was back in recovery with J holding my hand.
Yet another fantastic nap.
But the minute I opened my eyes, I was in pain. Ugh. My nurse quickly had me put some crackers and juice in my tummy before giving me a pain pill.
After I was a little more with it, the doctor came in and gave us the magic number...
TWELVE!
It was music to my ears, and brought me to tears.
We waited for the pain pill to kind of kick in before getting ready to head home.
The car ride home was brutal. I felt EVERY bump and pothole in the road.
Luckily they gave me a script for more pain pills.
I spent the rest of the afternoon on cloud 9 with my heating pad. :)
I spent the rest of the afternoon on cloud 9 with my heating pad. :)
We will get our first report on our little ones tomorrow morning.
Can't wait to hear how they are doing!

No comments:
Post a Comment