Thursday, January 8, 2015

Final Scan Appointment

Day 10. Tuesday, January 6th, 2015. This morning should be my final appointment before retrieval.
I feel like a bus, so I hope they don't make me stim another day.
I am so very bloated and feel like I have constant horrible cramps.
Blood was drawn without issues...then it was time for the ultrasound.
I was actually excited for this one and eager to see how many follicles I had.


The U/S tech at the SRM Kirkland location is awesome.  She is kind and very thorough.
She counted two follicles on the right, measuring 20mm and 17.5mm.
Moving on the left ovary, she counted 13!  YAY.  They measured 23mm, 20mm, 17mm, 16mm, 20mm, 13mm, 19.5mm, 23mm, 16.5mm, 21mm, 12mm, 10mm, and12mm
FIFTEEN TOTAL!  WOO HOO!


Food for thought, I essential have a bunch of 13 juicy grapes on my left ovary.
Fantastic!  :)

After the scan, I spoke with my nurse coordinator.  She was almost certain that I would be triggering that night, putting our retrieval on Thursday.  Sounds good to me!

I walked out of the office and immediately sent a text to J.
This was his response to hearing we potentially had 15 eggs....


I think he was a little excited.  What do you think?  :)

That afternoon, I got a callback from Katie.  My estrogen was 1397 and I was indeed triggering that night...8:30pm to be exact.  Retrieval was scheduled for 8:30 am Thursday morning.  YAY!

J had no problems stabbing the 2 inch needle into my backside.
He may have even enjoyed inflicting that pain on me.
And we are set!  Excited and ready for retrieval.

No comments:

Post a Comment